Vegetarian Recipes

Healthy Quesadillas

All vegetarian, vegan recipes

Healthy Quesadillas

Postby manish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:48 pm

This is one of the favourites in our home. This variation uses Hummus instead of cheese, and tastes really delicious. You can use Hummus we have seen here earlier. And you can use veggies that you like, I have skipped Mushrooms here, but they could great addition here as well.

Ingredients
  • 6 Tortillas (for 3 Quesadillas and 12 pieces)
  • 2-3 bowls Hummus
  • 1 cup (200 ml) Salsa
  • Green, Red & Yellow Bell peppers - 1 each (large ones), all roasted finely chopped
  • 7-8 finely chopped green onions
  • 3 tbsp Black Olives, chopped

Procedure

Spread 2-3 tbsp Hummus on a tortilla and place it in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.

Sprinkle generously with all the chopped veggies listed above. Roasted bell peppers give it a unique flavour & aroma.

Put 1-2 tbsp salsa over the veggies, add more if you like it spicy. Top it with a second tortilla and cook until bottom tortilla is warm and soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook second side for another 2-3 minutes. Remove it from the skillet carefully and cut it into 4 or more pieces like a pizza. Repeat it with remaining tortillas. Serve hot with salsa and let me assure you that they'd disappear quickly. They are as delicious as cheese quesadillas, if not better. Moreover, they are far more nutritious and healthy as well. Do try and post your photos here. :-)

Unfortunately, I don't have photos of the final Quesadillas - we finished it quickly. But I'll add the final product images when I make this dish next time.
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Re: Healthy Quesadillas

Postby manish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 am

Here are some pictures of the finished quesadillas -

Making it crisp!

Serving it with Salsa sauce - ready to eat! :-)
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Vegetarian Recipes