Restaurant Reviews

Thai House @ Bopodi, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Thai House @ Bopodi, Pune

Postby manish » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:14 am

This is a small place but the food is really good if you like Thai food. It is apparently run by a Thai family and they serve authentic Thai food (maybe adapted a bit for Indian palate). I'd say it is only next to Malaka Spice as far as Thai food in Pune is concerned. I have visited this place a few times and it remains one of our favourite places for Thai food in Pune.

There were 8 of us in the recent visit and that allowed us to taste several dishes there; though we all had only vegetarian food. They don't use much of those exotic/exclusive ingredients in their Thai food (so no galangal, brocoli, kafir lime leaevs etc.), but still manage to retain that typical mouth-watering Thai taste. However, it is rather expensive for the ambiance, potion and ingredients that they use.

As for the dishes - liked their Pad Thai and loved green papaya salad and Thai Green Curry. Especially, the Thai green curry is awesome - they didn't have jasmine rice, so we had to do with plain steamed rice with the curry, but it tasted divine. It is worth visiting this place for Thai Green Curry alone - don't miss it if you visit this place. We also had Spicy Noodles Vegetable, but didn't like it much - it was rather ordinary. We also had Tom Yum Vegetables soup - it was a bit spicy and decent.

As for dessert, we had Bread With Custard - the menu said the bread would be steamed, but it had pieces of plain white bread with small amount of coconut flavoured green custard, and its taste was strictly mediocre. And yes, it is rather expensive as well.

The service was fine - they were prompt to serve what we had ordered but owner was not very warm as such.

Overall, I'd still say good food as far as Thai dishes are concerned but not so good ambiance. It is a basic functional dining place, but if you really love Thai food - this is a must on you list. After all, if the most important factor is FOOD, they have got it right! :-)

Food - 4/5
Service - 3/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Value for money - 2.5/5

Overall - 3.5/5
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Re: Thai House @ Bopodi, Pune

Postby neha » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:32 pm

We went there on the last weekend and really liked the food there. Thai green curry is just out of this world! :-)

My rating - 4/5
neha
A Cook In The Making

Name: Neha Pune

Return to Restaurant Reviews