Restaurant Reviews

Yamass @ Bavdhan, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Yamass @ Bavdhan, Pune

Postby manish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:03 am

Yamass is a small food joint recently opened near Galore Tech Park in Bavdhan, Pune.

The ambiance is strictly like a small, road side cafe with nothing special to attract you at first glance. The interior location of the restaurant doesn't help it much either. However, the people here are quite friendly and service is good.

I have been having a strong craving for Minestrone Soup since last few days and found that the Yamass leaflet dropped in my letter box actually had Minestrone soup on their menu. So I decided to take a chance and try out some of their preparations. I opted for home delivery since it works out best in our case. I order veg. Pasta Arrabbiata, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad and of course, Minestrone soup for dinner.

The service was prompt and the food arrived in 20-25 mins after ordering. There was some confusion and he delivered 1 potion Garlic Bread instead of 2 options, and pasta was 'Alfredo' instead of 'Arrabbiata' that I had ordered. I called him up and he was very courteous to replace the pasta and send remaining potion of Garlic Bread in the next 10 minutes or so. This was really impressive because probably he wouldn't be able to use Alfredo that he delivered to me by mistake, but he was willing to satisfy the customer and I really liked that.

Now, the most important thing - the food! More than ambiance or service, I choose restaurant based on food and I was quite eager to see how it turns out. Minestrone soup was rather mediocre - I'd rather avoid it in future. It didn't have kidney beans or any other beans & had rice in it. I didn't lie its taste much though. However, the other three items were quite good. Pasta was not overcooked and the sauce was almost right, neither spicy nor bland. And I liked the fact that they actually had some red, green & yellow pepper in it - not many people put the veggies. Obviously, you have to see it in the perspective - you can't expect Little Italy Or Dario's quality in this pasta. But it was quite decent for its price. And it was much better than the one that Dominos serves. Caesar Salad was pretty good - nice dressing croutons and fresh ingredients to make it right! Garlic Bread was delicious - they had put some finely chopped pepper on it and it really tasted yummy! :-)

Pasta

Garlic Bread

I really liked 3 items out of the four that we had ordered. That's not bad really. I can easily forgive them for below-average Minestrone Soup, as it is not many people get it right. The best part is probably the reasonable prices - they know that they have a small joint and the pricing is really reasonable/low compared to the quality & quantity that they served. See the prices yourself and decide -

Veg. Pasta - Rs. 90
Garlic Bread - Rs 60
Minestrone Soup - Rs. 40
Caesar Salad - Rs. 60

I am happy with the quality & taste of food for the given prices. I'll rate them 3.5/5 based on food quality & taste. I'll probably order again, but will skip Minestrone Soup though! :P

Zomato Link: Yamass Bavdhan, Pune
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Restaurant Reviews