Restaurant Reviews

De Katta, Kothrud, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

De Katta, Kothrud, Pune

Postby manish » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Some places have that soul in them, they are just not about the food but they become favourite hangout places by the ambiance and space that they create.

De Katta in Dahanukar Colony, Kothrud is one such place. I have been there on many occasions with friends,family and though we spend hours there, somehow I didn't click enough photos. I am reviewing it now with few photos to start with and I will add more later!

Spicy Veg Loaf (Half) at De Katta

What you see the image above is half (yes Half!!) Spicy Veg Loaf stuffed with wonderfully roasted veggies and it tastes delicious. De Katta primarily serves sandwiches, burgers, these loafs, salads, few baked items and tea/coffee.

Though I have never tried non-veg here, my friends who eat non-veg vouch for its taste and let me assure you that veg food is great as well. Whatever I have tired so far has been quite good. My current favourites are Coleslaw Sandwich and Spicy Veg Loaf and their coffees are wonderful as well. They always serve their coffee/tea with some biscuits and wafers to delight you! Not many bigger restaurants do that.

De Katta is a small but vibrant place and you'd always find youngsters hanging out there with friends and their enthusiasm fills the place. The decor is young, vibrant and though the place is small it is quite relaxed and you never feel rushed here. You can sit here for hours and they won't nag you. The food is prepared fresh when you order it and they can even customize a bit for you as per your taste. That reminds me - I had ordered a cold coffee and after first sip I had a slight frown on my face as it was too light for my liking. The owner Kiran noticed it from another table and came to me to ask if the coffee was fine, I smiled and said I would have preferred a bit stronger - he immediately assured me that he'd make it stronger. He took my coffee, made it stronger and topped it with chocolate slivers before serving it to me in just few minutes. You can't help but fall in love with such place. The owner Mr. Kiran is always warm and hospitable - he makes De Katta a special place.

Coleslaw Sandwich at De Katta

Generous helping of accompaniments at De Katta

Large cup of coffee at De Katta

I just have few suggestions to make it even better - I wish they would add few more items to their long menu. My wish list would include few non-milk teas including Kahawa, some small potions of Salad and few more snacks without bread.

I'd highly recommend De Katta if you are looking for a great cafe to hang-out with your friends in Kothrud, and once you taste its food and experience their service, I am sure you'd get hooked!

Rating -

Food - 4.5/5
Service - 4.5/5
Ambiance - 4/5
Value for money - 4.5/5

Overall - 4.5/5
Restaurant info on Zomato
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Restaurant Reviews