Restaurant Reviews

Arkie's - Born Bakers, Lulla Nagar, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Arkie's - Born Bakers, Lulla Nagar, Pune

Postby manish » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:15 pm

It is heartening to see some really good baking happening in Pune. Besides the established players like Baker's Basket, lot of new, talented bakers are producing some great stuff in their stores. It is even more heartening when you see that these new bakers are going beyond tried-and-tasted flavours like black forest or red velvet and coming up with their own innovative and delicious offerings. I was pleasantly surprised to discover this at Arkie's in Lulla Nagar.

Of course, Arkie's has been around for almost 3 years now but it was my first visit and I was delighted!

Espresso shot with Paneer Vol Au Vent at Arkie's

Arkie's is a spacious cafe located opposite Mount Carmel convent and has nice a pleasant interior. They offer variety of cakes, pastries, breads, chocolates and few other miscellaneous dishes. You can have a look at their tempting offerings before I share my experience there.

Tempting cakes & pastries at Arkie's

They also have wide range of breaks that they bake there -

Freshly baked Breads at Arkie's

I was quite keen on tasting their exclusive offerings, so we ordered Paneer Vol Au Vent and espresso shot, and ice tea to start with. The 'Paneer Vol Au Vent' was absolutely delicious. Perfectly baked cases with soft and tasty paneer gravy was absolutely moyth watering dish that we enjoyed thoroughly. The espresso shot was perfect hot cup of strong coffee. Iced tea however, was rather diluted and mediocre. It seemed like a poor preparation from one of those packaged iced tea offerings.

Tasty Paneer Vol Au Vent at Arkie's

Later we tried one of their innovative specialty (apparently it is trademarked as well) - Honey Rose Petal Pastry and blueberry muffins. I don't really have enough words to describe how divine it tasted, you need to eat it to believe it! There is this mouth-watering honey flavour in the soft pastry, and the dried rose petals make it even more delicious and unforgettable. It is decorated with loads of white chocolate, I don't like white chocolate much, but in this case - it was absolutely perfect. You don't want to miss this pastry if you're visiting Arkie's. It is already in my must-have lists when I am in that area. Kudos to the baker for creating this delicious, new flavour that I haven't tasted elsewhere so far. I am not sure if any other bakery prepares this!

The blueberry muffins were fresh, soft with center filled blueberry jam! We loved then as well. Definitely one of the best if not THE BEST!

Divine & Delicious Honey Rose Petal Pastry at Arkie's

Except for that ice tea, everything that we ordered there was exceptionally good. The prices are quite reasonable or what they offer and ambiance is great I am not surprised that this place is almost always bustling with happy foodies. I wish I stayed closer to this place to eat here more often, unfortunately it is more than an hour's drive from where I stay currently.

A highly recommended place - I'd be visiting it soon to taste other dishes and would update my experience(s) here! :-)

Rating -

Food - 4.5/5
Service - 4/5
Ambiance - 4.5/5
Value for money - 4.5/5

Overall - 4.5/5
Restaurant info on Zomato
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Restaurant Reviews