Restaurant Reviews

Marz-O-Rin, MG Road, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Marz-O-Rin, MG Road, Pune

Postby manish » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Lively ambiance during Christmas at at Marz-O-Rin

How can one write a simple, critical review about one of the legendary restaurants in Pune? I have so many beautiful memories associated with Marz-O-Rin and their amazing food ever since I was a teenager. This is not a review as such, it is more of a pleasant walk down memory lane with Marz-O-Rin.

If I may allow myself a moment of objectivity, I would say that their (arguably) most famous offerings, sandwiches are rather average in taste and there is nothing great about them. You will find better tasting sandwiches elsewhere as well.

But Marz-O-Rin, or for that matter any other similar restaurant in that league, is not only about food, it is overall experience that is unique about these places! Anyway!

So where do I start? Marz-O-Rin is one of the older eateries in camp, I remember going there since my childhood and it has been famous for is sandwiches and juices and fruit flavoured drinks. I still remembering having half sandwich there with a friend and saving money to enjoy full glass of that thick milk-shake or juice.

They have grown over the years, they have added some new and innovative dishes to their menu and they continue to keep their service simple, but quick and hospitable. You still need to go to the counter and place your order and collect it from there.

Biscuits, muffins, cakes and new health drinks at Marz-O-Rin

Besides their famous sandwiches (I am not a big fan of those), they serve some amazing dishes! I am a big fan of Spaghetti Cheese that they prepare and my 6 year old loves it as well. For him, it is the best Spaghetti Cheese that he keeps looking forward to eating whenever we are in Camp. And they serve this mouth-watering thing called 'Zoom Sauce' that I am relishing since childhood and still cannot get enough of it. No matter what I order there, I always order few extra zoom sauce and finish it all. So you might catch me finishing the last drop of that sauce or licking that tiny bowl. I do feel embarrassed at times, but temptation is often overpowering and I try to finish it secretly! :P

Delicious Spaghetti Cheese and Zoom Sauce

They also have some innovative healthy drinks now and they taste quite good as well. Besides, their other fruit drinks, thick shakes and delicious smoothies. Their Blueberry smoothie is just divine - I can safely call it food from heaven!! It is yum yum yum......

Spicy bun and divine Blueberry smoothie!

Thick mango shake with ice-cream

Well, I can go on- but then I don't have enough words to describe my love for this place, and food is not the only reason for loving this place. This is a place that has its own story, and there are innumerable stories woven around it by people who love it. Mine is just one of those stories...

Happy customers at Marz-O-Rin

Go! Explore and find your favourite dishes there and once you get hooked, I know you'll have your own story as well!!

Rating -

Food - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Ambiance - 4.5/5
Value for money - 4.5/5

Overall - 4.25/5
Restaurant info on Zomato
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Restaurant Reviews