Restaurant Reviews

Masti Misal, Kothrud, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Masti Misal, Kothrud, Pune

Postby manish » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:31 pm

Masti Misal is a small Misal joint in the lane adjacent to Kokan Express in Kothrud. The place is small, but it is clean & looks quite decent as compared to a typical Misal joints that you'd find otherwise.

I had tried it once when they had just opened this joint some time last year, then I passed by this place on few occasions, but always found it closed in the evening after 7 PM. To my surprise, it was open at 8 PM yesterday and I decided to try it, and I was not disappointed! :-)

They serve pretty decent Misal with a side-dish and it is comparatively a hygienic & clean place. Not many Misal joints can claim that. The heart of any Misal is obviously the tarri/rassa/sample, and they have got it right! The spicy variety usually contains lot of oil, so I ordered medium spicy and it was just perfect. I like the taste and price is reasonable (Rs. 50 per plate) given that they offer three buns/pav and sweet cucumber salad/raita with it. Definitely one of the better Misals in Kothrud.

The only problem is that their staff guys do not understand lot of terminology that goes with Misal, they don't even understand Marathi (the guy at the counter flatly told me that he doesn't understand Marathi when I asked him something in Marathi.), which could be a disadvantage in a place that exclusively serves Misal in Kothrud.

Anyway, Misal is really good - so all this is forgiven! :-)

I forgot to click the snap of the actual Misal, maybe I'll do it next time!

Rating - 4/5 (Obviously for the food, other things are immaterial here).

Restaurant info on Zomato
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Re: Masti MIsal, Kothrud, Pune

Postby manish » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Mouth watering Misal at Masti Misal, they have also included new menu that includes combo of Misal & Curd-Rice (dahi-batti). They also have added Misal with dahi, though I personally believe that dahi insults spicy Misal, but I guess it must be a good choice for those how love less spicy food!

I haven't tasted newer combo or dahi-misal (I hope not to try later), but their original Misal is as charming as ever! Love the flavour and colours!!!

Tasty Misal at Masti Misal, Kothrud, Pune
manish
Master Chef

Re: Masti MIsal, Kothrud, Pune

Postby manish » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Tried their Solkadhi combo and simply loved it! With kata-kirr quality deteriorating day-by-day, Masti Misal is my favourite misal in this part of Pune!

Spicy & tasty Misal, then comfort food of dahi-batti (curd-rice) and to finish it all, cold and soothing solkadhi is the meal to make your day!! One word - AWESOME!!

Masti Misal Combo with Solkadhi - Awesome!
manish
Master Chef

Return to Restaurant Reviews