Restaurant Reviews

Maddy's Pasta Bar, Kothrud, Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Maddy's Pasta Bar, Kothrud, Pune

Postby manish » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:02 am

This is a simple and small outlet in Karishma Society in Kothrud, Pune among all other smallish eateries that exist in that complex, ranging from Pizza Hut to Yolkshire. Maddy's Pasta Bar stands out due to its menu, besides pasta it serves soups, salads, pizza, risotto, nachos, some mocktails and desserts. They do not serve non-veg here.

We recently tried their pasta and I think they are indeed good value-for-money and offer good taste and variety to keep you going back to this place.

We tried three variants of their pastas - Portuguese (mixed) sauce with penne, Soya Bolognese sauce with spaghetti and Barbeque sauce with spaghetti with garlic bread. All three pastas were nice, though I'd have preferred more sauce in them, especially in Portuguese sauce pasta. Portuguese (mixed) sauce came with coloured peppers and Barbeque sauce came with coloured peppers as well as paneer. Barbeque sauce, a fusion pasta probably was the best tasting pasta among the three pastas that we had there - tangy and a bit spicy, it goes well with spaghetti. It was indeed delicious and mouth watering. Bolognese sauce was a bit spicy and didn't have any veggies in them. The pasta quantity is sufficient for a single person and since they are priced quite reasonably, I have nothing to complain. The pasta was cooked 'al dente', which was quite a pleasant surprise since most small pasta outlets here overcook their pasta. The garlic bread was nicely flavoured, though I would have preferred more garlic. The plastic spoons an take-away boxes in which they serve their pastas is a bit let down though.

Portuguese (mixed) sauce with Penne

Soya Bolognese sauce with Spaghetti

Barbeque sauce with Spaghetti

Garlic Bread

We finished our lunch with their mocktail Tropical Twist, which is supposed to be combination of kiwi and pineapple, though I couldn't taste any pineapple in it. Besides, it was a bit more sweet that what I would have liked, and lack of pineapple made it taste even sweeter.

Tropical Twist

Our bill was approximately ₹ 600 for three of us including three pastas, two potions of garlic breads and two mocktails, which is quite reasonable. The service was prompt and polite. This is a small and unassuming eat-out, but given their reasonable prices, taste, quality and decent variety on the menu; I think this is really a good option if you like Italian food. Their fusion pastas and regular pastas are quite palatable. I think it is best for decent lunch or takeaway. I would certainly visit them again and keep them in mind as a decent Italian option in Kothrud.

Do visit them, Maddy's Pasta Bar won't disappoint you!

Food/Taste - 3.5/5
Service - 3.5/5
Ambiance - 3/5
Value for money - 4/5

Overall - 3.5/5

Recommendation - Barbeque Sauce with Spaghetti

Zomato Link: Maddy's Pasta Bar
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Restaurant Reviews