Restaurant Reviews

Kimling, Aundh , Pune

All your experiences about restaurants, eat-outs etc.
Forum rules
Please include only Restaurant Name, Area & City as the Subject here
e.g. Subject: Malaka Spice, Koregaon Park, Pune

Kimling, Aundh , Pune

Postby Apurwa » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Teens is a charming phase of one’s life. The memories of things that you do then stay young in mind forever. One such memorable experience of my teen years was the discovery of Chinese food. Ever since then I have always cherished this cuisine and sought places that served authentic Chinese recipes. While I was in Mumbai finding good Chinese outlets was no big deal however doing the same in Pune is always little difficult to accomplish. Thus whatever few places I know of that serve good Chinese hold a special place on my list of favourites. Kimling in Aundh is the latest addition to that list.

I am not exactly sure how old this place is but a closer inspection of the interiors and the faded paint near the staircase indicate either old age or heavy wear and tear. In any case I am not complaining because once you sit down , rather uncomfortably since our table had a particularly worn out couch, the food that they serve is outstanding leaving no room for any faultfinding what so ever!

We had veg.steam wonton and exotic cucumber soup in starters. Both were exceptionally good. Steam wonton came with an ample amount of some tasty sauce which enhanced the overall flavour of that dish. The soup tasted distinctly of cucumber and had such beautifully julienned vegetables that it was a treat for the eyes as well as the tummy. Both these dishes were enjoyed by my two year old too. In the main course we ordered veg.stir fry noodles with pakchoy, babycorn & red yellow bellpeppers. This although minus any gravy was moist enough and well made. The portions were apt for two and comfortably filling.

One tip for the first timers, avoid seating on the upper floor. This place has a haphazard seating arrangement with some tables put outside, a few inside on the ground level, a few more on the upper level and some within the enclosed space on the upper floor. Sadly, the pantry exit on the upper floor is directly facing the washroom and may pose some hygiene issues. Also, it will be a good idea to not be in a need of using the washroom. There is just one here and proves highly useless when preoccupied. Kids can give a tough time during such pressing situations; ours did while we waited for our turn to use the loo. And in extreme cases even elders may be forced to exercise some self control ;)

If you are well prepared to overcome these little enigmas, then Kimling is a must visit for a delicious Chinese treat served in sober ambiance with a promise that you would want to keep coming back for more.
Apurwa
Distinguished Chef

Name: Apurwa Barve

Re: Kimling, Aundh , Pune

Postby manish » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Nicely put up - the cucumber soup sounds a unique item to give it a try! And thanks for all those tips about seating arrangement & washrooms! :-)

Thanks Apurwa for adding it here!
manish
Master Chef

Name: Manish Hatwalne

Return to Restaurant Reviews